True or False:
Do you experience repeated or sudden rushes of intense anxiety/fear or emotion that make you think you’re sick, dying, losing control, going to pass out or lose your mind?
When these episodes occur:
- Does your heart feel like its going to beat out of your chest?
- Do you feel dizzy, faint, trembly, sweaty, short of breath or scared to death?
- Do you feel like you are continually on guard for scary feelings, and therefore, are constantly on edge?
- Do these scary feelings/episodes interfere with your daily life?
- Do you avoid activities that bring on these feelings?
- Do you pay very close attention to different aspects of your bodily functioning (such as their breathing, or shaking, or….) because any irregularity may suggest that those scary feelings/episodes are going to come on again?
- Do you believe that the feelings/episodes are going to cause you to die, faint/pass out, collapse, lose control, go crazy or be very embarrassed?
If you answered yes to one or some of the questions above chances are you are experiencing panic attacks and/or high levels of anxiety. Therapy has been shown to be very effective for this problem so seeking out professional help may be of benefit to you.
I would be happy to meet with you to discuss and assess your specific situation. Please click on the link below to set up an appointment.