I am a Registered Psychologist, with a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of British Columbia. I have been honored to be an invited guest into the inner lives of my clients for over twenty-five years. Many have said that through our work together they have experienced profound change and healing in their lives. We first work to build a trusted alliance and through this partnership lasting, meaningful change happens.
I work primarily with those experiencing:
- Anxiety- panic attacks, social anxiety, general anxiety and worry, obsessive compulsive disorder & agoraphobia,
- Post-traumatic stress (military, RCMP, childhood, or crime)
- Sleep problems
- Women’s issues
- New mom’s support
- Substance abuse
- Chronic pain/headache
- Parenting support
- Relationship issues
Therapeutic models include: cognitive-behavioural therapy, insight oriented therapy, mindfulness therapy, client-centered therapy, narrative therapy, mind-body therapy, and brief psychodynamic therapy.
I strive to bring compassion and understanding to my work.
- 1997 Reg #1260 College Of Psychologists of B.C.
- 1994 Ph.D. University of British Columbia
- 1989 M.A. State University of New York at Albany
- 1985 B.A. University of British Columbia
My background includes:
- Post-doctoral work at the University of British Columbia’s Anxiety Disorders Clinic providing therapy and assessment for anxiety, trauma, and depression. I also worked in research and treatment development.
- Training at Stanford University/Palo Alto Veterans Affairs, National Center for Post-Traumatic Stress. At the National Center, I provided assessment and treatment (inpatient and outpatient) for those struggling with PTSD.
- My Master’s degree (Psychology) is from the State University of New York at Albany, Center for Stress and Anxiety Disorders. I worked as a cognitive-behavioral therapist treating those with anxiety disorders including those struggling with agoraphobia, panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive disorder as well as, depression.
- While at the University of British Columbia, I was involved in research investigating the nature and treatment of anxiety, depression, and pain.
- I have numerous publications in scientific, peer-reviewed journals pertaining to the nature and treatment of anxiety, depression, pain, and trauma. Please request my professional Curriculum Vitae for additional information.